If I’m being utmost honest, September was a blur.
I remember bits & pieces of moments, but all in all, I have a faint recollection. I was looking back through my camera roll to jog my memory & apparently it was a busy/chaotic month…maybe that’s why my brain decided to toss it out.
September 2021 Recap
- Soon, will the days mark my 3 month anniversary with Starbucks. Insane to me how quickly that went. Thankfully, though, I can confidently say that I am almost a pro Starbucks barista…well, until someone decides to test my skills & order something completely arbitrary. I can’t complain, though, because I’m also that person with a complicated coffee order. Before working at Starbucks, I rarely went there because I never knew how or what to order. Working there has its advantages in learning how to make a coffee you’ll love. If you are a coffee drinker that prefers sweet & strong, order this (my regular): Venti cold brew, extra sweet cream, 4 pumps of dark caramel, 3 pumps of white mocha. There’s a certain way I like to make it, but if it isn’t the sweetest when you try it, mixing it around definitely awakens its sweetness! Yes, I’m complaining…I’ve been working a lot. Some (me) would almost say too much; 5 days a week isn’t for me, I’ve come to this conclusion awhile back actually, but now I can say it with certainty. Persevering is my only answer to this because I am taking a [much needed] week off in October.
- September wasn’t my greatest month this year when it came to mental health. Felt a little more down than usual over the past few weeks; Contemplated on therapy. I signed up & was matched with an ideal therapist…I ignored her emails to set up a date to begin because I started thinking “psh, I’m fine.” & this was the very thought I was thinking when my nurse at the mental health hospital told me that I needed to be on medication & to see a therapist. I’ve come a long way since then, though; I’ll be okay. (: Been using my days off to recharge & rekindle myself.
- As mentioned, I started reading poetry again to get back in touch with my emotions. So far, so great. I feel as if doing so has helped me out of my rut more than I thought it would. Poetry is necessary.
- My best friend [finally] graduated nursing school, so he’s had more time on his hands than he’s ever had in the past 4-ish years. Been spending more time with him…he’s the most insanely chaotic person I know & I love him to death for it. When I’m with him, I forget to think (in a good way)…you don’t find that often.
- The last week-ish, I’ve been planning more in depth with my trips to come in March! I could scream from a roof top I’m beyond excited & ready to wander the Earth. There’s definitely more planning that is needed for such trip than I projected, will be writing a blog for “living abroad planning tips” soon! I also got my passport in the mail, wasn’t expecting it so soon, but depending on certain circumstances, I am debating on leaving earlier than planned…fingers crossed.
- The weather finally started cooling off, currently in the low 90’s, high 80’s; my favorite. “Go on a picnic” has been on every to-do list of mine lately.
- I finished my second script, Yours, Truly (SAMPLE HERE: Psychological Thriller by Vanessa Leanne | by Vanessa Leanne | Sep, 2021 | Medium) & also began to outline/write a 3rd script. Soon, I felt out of inspiration/motivation for screenwriting, so until further notice, my focus is shifted to poetry & blogging for a change!
- I cleaned out my Instagram account. Some of the pictures I still had on there gave me embarrassment for how long I kept them open to the public. Also currently taking a break from social media to redirect my focus on writing & trip planning (AKA: what really matters to me.) Not sure how long I’ll be off, but feel it may be some time. I always forget how cleansing it feels to be without it.
- I’ve been embroidering more often, it’s so soothing…sometimes. I get angsty when I accidently sew the bag handle to the inside of the bag (it happens often.) Nonetheless, still a hobby I absolutely love to clear my head.
- I saw a movie, Good Will Hunting…definitely not what I expected, but fell in love. 12/10 recommend! There was a cute/dramatic love story & a major plot twist I hadn’t a clue that was coming.
- I am embarrassed to say this being a book lover, but I went to my local library for the first time the other day. I want to move in, I love it there so much! Haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I checked out a few books on Travel & believe that it is safe to say that I have a new favorite genre.
- As embarrassing as it is, I hurt my upper arm/shoulder area because I got scared by a pigeon the other day. To be completely fair, though, I thought it was a dog, seriously what bird flies that low to the floor?! My shoulders haven’t felt too amazing since, debating on a doctor visit soon.
Through ignoring my therapist & being frightened by a harmless bird, I still had a great September. I feel more optimistic coming into October & see a great Fall ahead & I wish for you all the same well! Talk soon.